Sunday, November 18, 2007

KIndle? As in Farenheit 451? Pollution-free bookburning

Hey, Bezos? You're calling your e-book reader Kindle? As in book-burning? Fast-forward to when the fascists take over. Oh wait, maybe that's happened. OK. Fast-forward to when the fascists can drop their mask. My library is DRM'd. I have an always-on connection to Amazon headquarters. Book-burning can be replaced by pollution-free book-zapping.

Mickeleh's Take: Memo to self: stop blogging like a paranoid nerd. You're already on that list. But seriously, folks: is naming an electronic book reader Kindle, a) arrogant, b) brilliant, c) clod-headed, or d) daring?

(Tags:, , , )

2 comments:

jonb (juan grande) said...

BRILLIANT!...although, I work on a product called nuTsie.

Actually, I want to think that it's an oversight, but I can't imagine nobody on the Kindle marketing team at least looked the word up in the dictionary.

Anonymous said...

and here I just thought it was a group of kittens. cute.